iSAMI-pH - Inexpensive Ocean pH Sensor for Surface applications
The iSAMI-pH is based on the same technology as the larger, more expensive SAMI-pH, but is meant for use at the surface, for use on buoys, drifters, etc.
- Measures pHT (total hydrogen scale) in the marine pH range of 7-9
- Uses a highly accurate colorimetric reagent method
- System does not suffer from the drift that plagues most electrode based pH probes
- Designed to provide researchers with valuable in-situ time series data near the surface - depths to 3 m.
- 160-day deployment capability (hourly measurements, 25C)
- External battery package available, or power from buoy, drifter.
iSAMI-pH Performance Parameters
|Response time||3 minutes|
|Accuracy (based on CRM intercomparison)||+/- 0.01 pH units|
|Precision||<0.003 pH units|
|Long term drift||<0.002 pH units over 6 months|
|Thermistor accuracy, precision||0.1° C, +/- 0.01º C|
|Dimensions -iSAMI / External battery (length x diameter)||28 x 6.4 cm / 24 x 8.9 cm|
|Weight in air - iSAMI/External battery||0.9 kg / 2.2 kg|
|* Extended range possible, please contact us with questions.|